Back to News
Stonebridge Homes – COVID-19 Statement
At Stonebridge Homes, we are committed to providing a safe and secure environment for our customers, contractors and employees, and in light of new Government guidance to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have made the decision to close four of our sites and to cease all construction, until further notice.
Effective immediately (Tuesday 24th March), we will be closing the following two sites:
- Wharfebank Place – Otley
- The Willows – Whinney Lane, Harrogate
As of Wednesday 25th March, we will cease all remaining highways work at our Upper Reach site at Newlay, and as of Thursday 26th March we will be closing Windsor Place at Cawood.
We will be continuing to work on plots which are due for completion in order for our customers to be able to move in as planned by the end of the month. The sites which will remain active for limited construction are:
- Brookfield Garth
- Kingsley Farm
- Pinfold Garth
At those sites which will remain active until the necessary plots are completed, we will be taking steps to ensure all Government guidance issued is adhered to, and will be implementing the following:
- Effective immediately, all Marketing Suites across our sites will be closed to members of the public, however we will continue to take telephone and email enquiries.
- We will no longer be accepting new face-to-face customer care appointments with clients. In addition, any existing appointments will be cancelled until further notice, however the team will be on hand to handle any email or telephone queries.
- We will be asking all staff on site, including site agents and sub-contractors, to observe strict Government guidance to limit the spread of COVID-19, including taking part in thorough and regular cleaning regimes. All Stonebridge facilities will have proper hand washing facilities available, with clear instructions explaining the process for thorough hand washing. We will also include posters across our sites detailing the symptoms of the coronavirus and what to look out for in the case that someone may feel unwell.
- On site, we will limit our presence to two site agents, and all sub-contractors will be required to sign in and be assessed by the site manager before accessing the site. Our sub-contractors will also have their own management teams who will be responsible for driving home the importance of keeping up to regular cleaning regime and observing both body-temperature and respiratory condition.
- We will be asking all workers who have either felt unwell, or been in contact with another person who has felt unwell, within the last 14 days to refrain from coming to site.
We will also be encouraging all those working on site to maintain suitable distances between other workers wherever possible. We appreciate this is a difficult and stressful time for many, so our team are still on hand to respond to virtual and telephone enquiries of all kinds.
As ever, we will continue to monitor the situation and provide full updates on our website whenever possible.
We thank our customers and those working at our sites for their cooperation and patience.
The Stonebridge Homes team